Nothing is more annoying than lipstick smudges. Well, maybe uneven eyeliner (am I right?), but lip prints that end up on our coffee cups and collars by noon is up there in the annoying factor. Alas, the hunt for a lipstick that truly outlasts a make out sesh is over.
Beauty Banter tested some of the most popular lip paints on the market so you won’t have to. We found 5 truly smudge-proof shades we’re completely obsessed with. You won’t want to take these pretty colors off, and probably won’t be able to without a fight. But, if you must part with a perfectly painted pout, Make Makeup Twilight Lip Oil Remover ($12) is the best for removing even the clingiest lip paint.
Read on for the 5 lip paints guaranteed to paint our pouts, and not our wine glasses…
1. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick ($10) – A 9 out of 10 in staying power…but hey that’s still an A.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick ($20) – It’s no surprise so many MUAs and celebs like Rihanna, Beyoncé, and even Kylie Jenner swear by this lipstick. It’s super-pigmented, matte, and stays put!
3. Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Lipstick ($20) – A cult-fave, rich liquid lipstick that makes lips look velvety soft…and won’t smudge.
4. Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick ($17) – Of course the Kylie lip paint makes the cut, it’s truly one of the best lip paints…which is probably why it keeps selling out.
5. BB’s fave: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($20) – It’s so good…lips are painted to soft matte perfection, will not rub off, and won’t make lips look dry. A true winner.
Tip: Smudge lip paint onto a clean mirror and use a lip brush to apply, instead of the standard applicator. It’ll make for streak-free application and precise definition. Also, don’t forget to prep lips by exfoliating and applying a thin layer of concealer onto lips to fill in tiny creases. The result: lust-worthy lips that’ll surpass last call.
Claudia Mercado is a beauty-obsessed writer living in Long Beach, CA.