Glossy lids aren’t exactly new — we saw them in mass during fashion week 2015 — but they are certainly still trending. And with brands creating eye gloss (that literally looks like lip gloss), we thought we’d give you a refresher on how to rock this shiny trend.
1. Go bare with just a clear gloss on lids. It’ll give them a shiny effect, similar to highlighter.
2. Mix gloss and highlighter for uber-illuminated lids. Dab highlighter first, then layer on the gloss.
3. Want to create a colored glossy eye? Purchase a tinted eye gloss – yes, they make them – or DIY it by swiping your shaded shadows onto the lid, then dab the clear gloss on top. Mix it around for a creamier look.
4. High-gloss isn’t your thing? That’s cool. You can still participate in the trend by using a balm like Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm in lieu of the gloss. You’ll get a hint of shine instead of the full lacquered look.
5. Gloss from lash line to brow bone: Use your finger to dab gloss onto your lids and gently rub up to your brow, covering the brow hairs which will, undoubtedly, tame unruly brows as well!.
6. Can you use lip gloss as eye gloss? Yes, you can, but, chances are the consistency will be a bit more gooey and/ or runny, so we suggest getting a gloss made specifically for the eyes or skin to ward off unforeseen gloss mishaps (like sliding glossy raccoon eyes).
7. A glossy lid paired with a glossy lip is a lacquer lover’s dream — and it’s a gorgeous way to work the trend. Try it!
Shop Our Favorite Eye Glosses:
&Check out our slideshow above for some glossy lid inspiration.